Sunday, December 25, 2011

Prison Planet - Police Brutality Epidemic

On the rise and apparently here to stay, police brutality and corruption is showing it's ugliest face yet all across the U.S. as the "us vs. them" mentality is embedded deeper into police officer's minds. As a former resident of the great state of California, I feel like I've been through the ringer when it comes to police encounters. I have no criminal history yet I found myself in Civil Court regularly because once the economy took a turn for the worst, so did the police departments as they became merely a tool for generating revenue for the state while virtually ignoring real crime.

Consider yourself lucky if an officer even shows up after you come home to a ravished home, or have a car stolen, or witness highly illegal activity but if your window is too tinted, prepare to be treated like you just slapped a police officer's Mom. Hell, I remember being pulled over for a week-old expired registration sticker and I was even in a very cooperative mood that evening when the officer, despite my abnormal kindness, felt the need to call for back-up. Within a couple of minutes, not one or even two but THREE more units pull up to "assist" this officer in extorting me and the whole time I'm thinking "they must have finally found my television that was stolen six years ago!" I guess I was wrong again. Shame.

In the past year, I've moved to the Washington D.C. area on the Virginia side near where I grew up as a kid and went to High School. It's been ten years so I was a bit excited to come back and see the ole' District. I wish I never drove into D.C. because the city I use to love coming to as a child where I could go up to the Capital building or walk up to the White House and take pictures and visit the best museums has become a complete police state if I've ever seen one. Everywhere I look, I see police cars speeding by, government helicopters, mobile command centers and even soldiers doing drill in public. What a wake up call.

The Occupy Wall Street protests will continue to be a practice field for the police departments to get some cheap swings in knowing it's about to get worse. Too many of these officers have been aching to swing a baton at some people or tase some "disobedient protesters" and they get trained into this sadistic mentality.

The video below will demonstrate some of this epidemic provided by PrisonPlanet.com:

No comments:

Post a Comment